Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 11, 2009

The kids had a BALL today. I made three 4-inch cubes from styrofoam. There are 6 phrases in I Lived in Heaven and on block #1, I printed a phrase on each side of the cube. On block #2, I found pictures of different ways of singing. I used whisper, loud, baby, opera singer, hum, and march. On block #3, I printed the numbers 1 through 6. I called three children up to the front and they each received on cube. One at a time, they tossed the ball to see which verse we sang, how to sing it and how many times to sing it. It worked out well! I really loved how the older boys sang Opera. But they all sang! (in between giggles)

2 comments:

  1. How are there six phrases in this song? I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to split it up and can't seem to decide how you might have done it. I know this was posted a long time ago, but maybe you remember?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. I didn't make myself clear and it took me a while to figure it out too! There are 3 verses and I split each verse in half to make 6 phrases to practice. Hope this helps!

      Delete