I made a Tic Tac Toe board out of a black poster board that I cut to be square (15"x15") and used ribbon to make the squares. I had found some 8.5"x5.5" foam sheets from Hobby Lobby. I have access to a die cut from school and made 6 red X's and 6 yellow O's from the foam. I put the names of the songs on the backs and we played Tic Tac Toe. The way our Primary is set up, I grouped the younger kids into the X's and he older kids were the O's. The X's got to go first so they had the advantage. I was quite surprise that even the Sunbeams figured out that they needed to block the others. Because there were so many that "helped out" by shouting where to put the letter, they ended up in a tie. That was great because no one "won" (or lost). The children had a lot of fun and we were able to sing nine songs.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
February 22, 2009
I made a Tic Tac Toe board out of a black poster board that I cut to be square (15"x15") and used ribbon to make the squares. I had found some 8.5"x5.5" foam sheets from Hobby Lobby. I have access to a die cut from school and made 6 red X's and 6 yellow O's from the foam. I put the names of the songs on the backs and we played Tic Tac Toe. The way our Primary is set up, I grouped the younger kids into the X's and he older kids were the O's. The X's got to go first so they had the advantage. I was quite surprise that even the Sunbeams figured out that they needed to block the others. Because there were so many that "helped out" by shouting where to put the letter, they ended up in a tie. That was great because no one "won" (or lost). The children had a lot of fun and we were able to sing nine songs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment